1. Application field Used fo the transport in the field of metro, tunnel, mine
2. Traction Performance Adhesion is the key problem of traction motor. 10T~50T Series AC-drives Accumulator Electric Mining Locomotives are designed according to features of large traction weight, high degree of slope and bad adhesion condition of wheel track. The Locomotives are adopted advanced AC-drives technology, taken full advantage of rotation speed characteristic of the AC traction motor and converter is configured by overhead method, which can ensure certain wheel set do not track slip, furthest utilize adhesion, both motors are controlled at the same speed, each wheel set is worn at the same rate, furthermore wear is very low. The locomotives have the features of higher adhesion, their starting adhesion coefficient designed is 0.26~0.28, in fact, it is more than 0.32.
2. Braking Performance In order to suit the features of much fluctuation of slope and small radius of curve on transportation route and bad adhesion condition of wheel track, especially, most locomotives without braking equipment run down slopes with heavy load, reliability and safety of our locomotives are ensured by resistance braking except for air-braking system and hand braking equipment. Operating principle of resistance braking: When locomotive at the condition of braking, its traction motors begin to generate power and charge the battery via converter, or provide power to resistance braking, enough braking torque is provided to locomotive until it stops. Normal braking adopt air-braking system can release wear of wheel track when locomotive is operating, which can increase the braking performance of locomotive.
3. Reliability The performance of the locomotives are advanced and reliable due to adopt AC-drives technology and PWM control technology, their traction converters use IGBT element designed by modularization; Their traction motors are cage speed regulating asynchronous motor, which avoid the commutator of DC traction motor easy generate ring fire. The traction motors adopt nose suspension bearing, which extend the lives of the traction motors by improving the working condition, decreasing their libration and error rate. The subsidiary drive system and control system as well as their parts of the locomotives are designed by existing general mature technology, which ensure the locomotives with high reliability.
4. Economy AC drives electric locomotive with big traction and good reliability, and less time needed for maintenance. The integrated economy (Cost + cost of operation + cost of maintenance) of the AC drives electric locomotive better than that of the DC drives electric locomotive